School closure in the event of severe weather
There can be occasions when severe weather can cause disruption to travel, most commonly occurring to snowfall.
Our policy, in these circumstances, is as follows:
Always assume the school is open. If a decision to close (due to severe weather) is made, the following will apply:
- We will update our website as soon as a decision is made.
- A text message will be sent to parents/carers (priority 1 contact only)
- Local radio stations will be notified.
- We will always try to keep the school open.
To ensure that our telephone system does not become clogged with traffic, could we please ask that:
- You visit the school website as this can be updated very quickly and will display the most up to date news.
- Ensure that we have your current mobile number so that a text message can be sent to you.