Information on Bournville School's Governance and Academy Associates
Bournville School is part of the Educational Charity ‘Fairfax Multi-Academy Trust’.
Bournville School is governed by the Trust’s Board of Directors. The Trust Board is comprised of volunteers and is responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction for the Trust and its academies;
- Holding the CEO to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the effective and efficient management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure money is well spent.
The Trust’s CEO is responsible for holding Moira Green, Principal of Bournville School to account for the academic performance and standards in each academy.
The Trust Board have established a sub-committee known as the ‘Academy Association’ at each of its academies to provide the Trust Board with local oversight.
The Trust board establishes the remit and terms of reference for the Academy Association. The Academy Associations meet at least four times a year, and have responsibilities which include:
- Supporting and challenging the Principal of Academy on key performance matters (KPIs) as determined by the Trust Board
- Providing local intelligence to the Trust Board on matters of safeguarding, SEND provision, Pupil Premium and Careers Provision
- Supporting and challenging leaders on specific development areas as identified by the Trust Board;
- Ensuring the values of the Trust are reflected in leaders’ plans and actions.
- Reviewing and supporting the academy’s strategy for income generation through pupil recruitment
- Supporting on any permanent exclusions within the trust
- Engaging with broader academy activities as a means of monitoring overall quality
If you wish to contact the Chair or any member of the Academy Association, you can e-mail them directly here.
or write c/o Fairfax Academy, Fairfax Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B75 7JT
Parents/Carers and members of the local community are invited to join the Academy Association (for a period of four years). If you are interested in finding out more about the role please contact the Chair of the Trust Board Mr Andy Best ([email protected])
or write c/o Chair of FMAT, Fairfax Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands B75 7JT
For further information on the Trust’s governance arrangements, please visit:
Financial Information for the Trust can be found here:
Trust Policies can be accessed here: