The School Information (England) (Amendment) Regulations 2012 came into force on 1 September 2012. This requires specific information to be published on the school website.
- Contact Details:
Hay Green Lane,
Telephone: 0121 475 3881
E-mail Address: [email protected]
Head of Academy: Mrs J Cottle
SENDco Contact – Miss H Lees-Smith ( [email protected])
4. Key Stage 2 results – not applicable
5. Key Stage 4 exam results
We were very pleased with individual students’ results and our proud record of 0% NEETs – all students secured their next steps.
- 49% of our students achieved a grade 4 or above in English and mathematics.
- 32% of our students achieved a grade 5 or above in English and mathematics.
- 49% of students achieved a 4+ in English and Maths
However, there is always room for improvement as our progress 8 measure -0.26 has demonstrated improvement from 2017, demonstrating the school’s continued improvement journey.
Our Attainment 8 score is: 48.9.
8. The SEND policy and SEND Information Report can be found here:
Name of SENCO: Ms H Lees Smith
SEND Policy 2018
SEND Information Report
9. The Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy can be found here:
Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Oct 2018
10. Charging and remissions information
Charging and remissions policy
11. The school’s ethos and values:
Bournville is a school with a proud history and distinct tradition. Before Bournville became a comprehensive school in the 1970s it was previously two sibling grammar schools: Bournville Girls Grammar School and Bournville Grammar-Technical School For Boys, previously known as Bournville Boys Technical School. The technical school for boys, the city’s first technical school, opened in October 1955. The pioneering technical school later combined with the girls’ grammar school on the same site. The boys’ school was organised along ‘Public School’ lines with four houses—Belmont, Griffin, Manor and Woodlands.
We stay true to our traditions and roots at Bournville –our students wear their blazers and ties with pride. We have a proud musical and sporting history and we are unashamedly ambitious for all our students. Every child that passes through the Bournville gates is a ‘Griffinian’, following in the footsteps of thousands of ‘Old Griffinians’ who have walked our schools corridors and succeeded in our classrooms. The Griffin is the symbol of our school and a unifying force in binding us all along our shared mission and values.
23% of the student cohort were entered for EBacc.
EBacc average point score: 3.7.
14. Exclusions Policy
Bournville School aims to develop articulate, resilient and ambitious students, regardless of background, with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to excel in modern Britain.
Our Core Values and Beliefs:
- Excellence – We strive for the highest quality to ensure excellent outcomes
- Dedication – We believe there is dignity in hard work and effort
- Ambition – We want the very best for our students
- Integrity – We believe in openness and transparency
- Tradition – We believe in old fashioned manners, courtesy and respect