At Bournville we aim to develop articulate, resilient and ambitious students, regardless of background, with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to excel in modern Britain.
Our core values and beliefs are:
- Excellence – We strive for the highest quality to ensure excellent outcomes
- Dedication – We believe there is dignity in hard work and effort
- Ambition – We want the very best for our students
- Integrity – We believe in openness and transparency
- Tradition – We believe in old fashioned manners, courtesy and respect
Our curriculum is broad, balanced and built around students’ individual needs and abilities in order to allow all students to reach their potential and compete with others nationally.
The purpose of the curriculum is to enable students to:
- Acquire knowledge and skills relevant to adult life and a world of rapid and continuous technological and social change
- Develop a life-long love of learning
- Develop personal and moral values, respect for shared values and for other cultures, religions and ways of life
- Acquire sound numeracy and literacy skills
Develop and acquire the qualities and qualifications necessary to enable them to reach their potential, progress to the next stage in their chosen learning or career pathway and compete with others nationally.
Home learning tasks should support progress of all students through, for example: challenging preparation work for lessons; independent research; consolidation of learning; improving work following informative feedback (written or verbal)
All students can access a rich extra-curricular programme that, together with the curriculum, promotes healthy, spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development, thereby preparing students for the opportunities and responsibilities of adult life.
Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural Education
SMSC should be incorporated into every aspect of our school community, including every lesson, every assembly and every interaction between members of our school community. By ensuring the thoughtful and wide-ranging promotion of students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, and of their physical well-being, we can help to ensure that they thrive and develop as citizens, and we can also help to guard against radicalisation and extremism.
We are committed to:
- Raising standards of achievement and learning for all our students
- Extending the range of opportunities available to students which best meet their needs and interests
- Benefiting other schools in the area and strengthening the links between school and the wider community
If you wish to find out more about the curriculum offered at Bournville School, please contact us via email@example.com