Results & Achievement
Bournville School is celebrating another year of GCSE success.
We are delighted with the results achieved by our students. We continue to sustain the academic attainment of students achieving 5 or more A*C with English and Maths based on the students best entries.
Attainment tells one story but our students have made good progress. The progress that students have made since joining Bournville, measured from the end of primary to the end of year 11 is something that we are proud of and is an area of significant improvement for us. Our Progress 8 score for 2016 is -0.06. This shows that students who left in 2016 generally made expected progress, this is a great reward for the student’s hard work and to all the dedicated staff who have supported them to ensure they fulfil their potential.
We are particularly pleased how we add value to the higher prior attaining students (adding +0.07).
The staff from Fairfax Multi Academy Trust and Bournville School wish all of our students the very best for the future and hope that they will stay in touch with us as they move on to exciting futures at further education, in apprenticeships and other training courses or employment.
- -0.06 Progress 8 score
- 66% A*C in English (including English Literature), -0.13 for the English element of the Progress 8 score
- 58% A*C in Maths, -0.09 for the Maths element of the Progress 8 score
- -0.05 for the EBacc element of the Progress 8 score ( 28% )
- 0.00 for the Open Element of the Progress 8 score
- 54% 5A*C with English and Maths
- Attainment 8 score of 48.94 which equates to a GCSE grade C-
In the English Baccalaureate, 28% of students achieving 5 GCSEs of C or above in English, Maths, the Sciences, a Modern or Ancient Foreign Language and a Humanity, such as History or Geography. (The national average for the English Baccalaureate in 2015 was 24%).
We are delighted that 85% of students entered gained A*C in French and 80% of students entered gained A*C in Spanish. Overall, we have a pass rate in languages of 84%, above the national average for 2015 of 69%.
So Bournville’s improvement journey continues and our community is moving forward together. I would like to thank everyone at Bournville who strives to give every student the best possible chances. Together we will continue to develop and improve.
Whilst we are very proud of the achievements of all of our students, within these results there are some exceptional individual performances that deserve particular mention:
- Josh Ryman 9A*, 3A
- Georgia Godfrey – 9A* and 2A
- Isobel Godfrey – 9A*, 1A and 1B
- Harry Jones 8A*, 3A
- George Large – 7A*, 2A, 1B and *2
- Rowan Lund – 7A*, 2A, 2B.
- Katie Ferraby – 3A*, 6A, 1 B, 1L2D
- Isobel McLeod – 2A*, 7A, 1B and 1C
- Zaiyed Chowdhury – 5 A*, 2A, 3 B, 1 L2D*
- Sam Pratt – 4A*, 4A, 2A, 1 Distinction